Helpful Hints / DIY
System does nothing
- Check/reset circuit breaker for A/C (i.e., turn all the way off, then back on)
- Check thermostat batteries
- Check water float switch (if unit has one) at bottom of air handler and remove plunger from bowl
Loss of airflow / frozen coil
- Turn unit to “off” setting on thermostat and to fan “on” position. Leave for 2 hours
- Check/replace filter while unit is turned off
- After 2 hours, put unit back on “cool “setting with fan on auto
System blows hot air only
- Check breakers and fuse box by outside unit. Unit may be turned off due to power loss.
- Turn unit off for 30-45 minutes at thermostat. Place back on cool. If problem persists, give us a call.
- If possible, separate white PVC pipe at bottom of unit, flush with hose or vacuum with wet vac.
- Place buckets and towels under unit. Water leaks do not hurt the A/C system, but they can damage floors, ceilings, and hot water heaters.
*It is recommended to call professional service person.
*Never work on or open a unit with power connected to it.
*Remember, these are simple remedies that are meant to help restart a system that is not actually broken. A broken system will need professional attention to be fixed.